Transparent Background Images not working

EmmaCox

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

I am trying to experiment and make a sheet layout on chief - on this sheet I have 2 images that have transparent backgrounds, a leaf and a wolf. Everything looks good until I try to print, or make a PDF of the sheet layout.  When I try to do this, the 2 pictures show up with either black or white backgrounds where its suppose to be transparent.  

I have attached a screenshot of what the sheet layout looks like on chief which is what I want the layout to look like. I have also attached the PDF.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to solve this problem.  I may have to resort to using photoshop for this project but chief is way easier to use for numerous reasons and also due to the fact that I can just send the floor plans to the layout and it isn't blurry.

Both of the images are PNG's and unfortunately I don't have the "Save as PDF" option. I think I would have to buy or have a trial of Adobe for that option to be in the printer settings, so for now I just have the free PDF Factory Program, but maybe that's the problem because for Chopsaw the transparent background worked fine..

Finally got it to work!! I tried it on my colleagues computer because he has a newer computer with Microsoft X10.  So he had to set up the printer "Microsoft Print to PDF" and the transparent images worked!!  Thank you so much for your help  :)