Customer can't travel to my office, options for design at his house

Electromen

I normally meet with customers here at my office.  I work on a Mac Pro tower while the customer watches a 40" TV as a monitor.

The latest customer is disabled and in poor health.  He cannot travel here, even though it's only a five mile drive.

What's my best option for him to see this program and design his house?  I have a MacBook Air, but it doesn't have HDMI out.  I'd like to use his TV as a monitor.  The MacBook Air does have a Thunderbolt jack.  I hate to spend $3K on a MacBook Pro.  Is there an option for using an iPad?  Any other ideas?

Do you have an Apple TV hookup? I have used that with a TV for video presentations and other apps on my iPad. It should work with your Air too. I have never used the computer connection but it is in the list. Maybe someone has tried this option.

Do you have an Apple TV hookup? I have used that with a TV for video presentations and other apps on my iPad. It should work with your Air too. I have never used the computer connection but it is in the list. Maybe someone has tried this option.

That's a good idea, I do have an Apple TV.  I'll give it a try.

I was able to install X8 on the MacBook Air.  I also exported and imported my Library.  I was able to upload the .plan and .layout files to Apple iCloud and open them on the MacBook Air. I can make changes and save it to iCloud and open it on the Desktop computer  It works fairly well.  Drawing 3D views is surprisingly quick.  Moving the camera around in 3D show some hesitation but it works.

Thanks for everyones help.