Rich Text Crazy.

Chopsaw

Has anyone tried to change the text colour of the contents of a Rich Text Box that has say about 15-20 different fonts and or font sizes. This seems to be excessively inefficient. Unless there is something that I have missed, which I hope there is because I do not want to have to make a 20 min video to put in Suggestions Forum.

Thanks,  Chopsaw

Might anudda way, but me thinks you hafsta tricking Chief...

1.  Checks this box...

post-46-0-35578500-1473395507_thumb.png

2.  Change your layer color.

3.  Go back in and unchecking that box

4.  Change your layer color back.

Last 2 steps are really optional.

Might take a bit longer in some circumstances but could be a lot faster in others. 

Thank you Michael,  I will try to remember that one for next time or maybe just start drinking to understand the program.  It sure would be nice to just open the DBX and highlight the text you want to change and change only the things you want to change about it. Sometimes there are multiple colours involved and your new trick will not work for that.

Glenn, When I select text to change the colour I can only select a portion with all the same settings and even at that I have had to reset the size after changing the colour in a lot of situations.  If you select more than one single portion with different settings you loose the font and size when changing the colour. 

Thank you Michael,  I will try to remember that one for next time or maybe just start drinking to understand the program.  It sure would be nice to just open the DBX and highlight the text you want to change and change only the things you want to change about it. Sometimes there are multiple colours involved and your new trick will not work for that.

Glenn, When I select text to change the colour I can only select a portion with all the same settings and even at that I have had to reset the size after changing the colour in a lot of situations.  If you select more than one single portion with different settings you loose the font and size when changing the colour. 

Ya.  This should really be reported to tech support.  I don't think it should behave this way. 

And just in case you were wondering... I'm quite sober.  I was just being silly : )

Chop,

I deleted my post because, with a bit more experimenting I could duplicate your problem.

You seem to need a certain number of different fonts or other formatting before the problem occurs.

In which case, Michael gave the correct answer - use the Layer Color Text on the Appearance panel if you want all the text to be the one color.

That seems to preserve all the other formatting.

I thought you may have jumped ship on me Glenn but as you can see my original post was a simplified example for illustration purposes.  And what I am trying to do is exactly what Rich Text was designed to do but simple editing can turn into a nightmare even when the original input is not too complicated.  I will talk to tech about this even though they have not been very impressed with my submissions as of late.  

I started that way just to keep it all organized but as I progressed through the problems that arose that last attached Text Grouping that I posted is actually 15 seperate items of cad and cad blocked text and Rich Text. But would it not be great to have something like that -the cad all in one simple block. Sorry I forgot about the 9 other cad touch ups for the extra bold shadow text.

• 1 year later...

I have a large DWG file I'm attempting to import, but the Rich Text boxes are all light blue.  Is there a way to convert all Rich Text to a specific color, or do I need to open all 500+ instances and set the text color to Layer Color Text under Appearances? 

Everything has been imported to a single layer, and that layer is set to black.

The text is mostly on Drawing Group 2, is it possible to do a global edit on Groups?

Capture.JPG