Dimension TEXT orientaion

mtldesigns

I have looked all over, played with default settings, to no avail.  Where can I adjust the orientation of a dimension text?  I designed this house in its true direction (north-south).  Horizontal dims, no problem.  Vertical dims however are going to be upside down on a layout sheet when plotted and read.  Where can I change this direction.  Or is the only fix, doing this as a landscape layout and rotating view where in this case North would be to the right?   

post-4747-0-25147100-1473100220_thumb.png

Learned that lesson before, and it wasn't good.  This plan is designed exactly the direction I put on the layout sheet.  No rotating the plan or sheet.  Vertical manual dimensions come in with text up-down direction as shown.  How do I get those text to be in hor. direction also?

Learned that lesson before, and it wasn't good.  This plan is designed exactly the direction I put on the layout sheet.  No rotating the plan or sheet.  Vertical manual dimensions come in with text up-down direction as shown.  How do I get those text to be in hor. direction also?

Well,  looking at the PDF you posted,  I think the direction of the dimension text is correct.  What is throwing me off is the orientation of the LAYOUT you are using.  Maybe the layout is rotated....  or I should say,  not the way I would of done it.

So,  I say it is correct as is,  if it is not correct as is,  then I do not know how to correct to what you want.

The orientation of the dimension text is as shown in every example of plans Chief shows it its website.  It is also the same orientation seen in sample plans at most all websites for architects and designers.

Not so for Sketchup layout, though.  SU does what you want.  But you are working with Chief, so what are you going to do?

So​ using a portrait landscape sheet, to keep from having to rotate a plan view wont work here then?  I created this  "new" border, thinking it would be to drop and go.  This house is deeper than its width, that's why I was thinking portrait.  I know I could still keep this, but then when it is plotted, all those so called "vert" dimensions would upside down (if the title block is to the right). 

Just going to make landscape work.

Thanks for the responses. 

post-4747-0-52285200-1473102899_thumb.png

Michael,

Is there a reason you don't just use the landscape orientation and rotate the layout box?  This is what I think I would do. 

Also, something else that may or may not come in handy...try unchecking "Rotate With Plan"  in the appropriate dimension defaults.  I think the first idea I mentioned above is the best solution though.