Painting Foundation Causes it to Disappear..

HumbleChief

Larry, you put the stucco layer on the main layer, it should be put on the exterior layers.

Yeah Perry, thanks I got it with that extra 'exterior' layer. thought I was able to paint it in the past but like you say, not the best idea.

Was that not just a little weird though that the foundation would disappear when painting?

OK, Perry, I took my pills.  Thanks for the reminder.  :D

Oh Oh, my secret is out, at least it didn't show my dealer. How the He** do you turn that off when doing video's. I tell you though, if I didn't have those reminders, I would be dead.

So the brick ledge can only be used for the exterior wall layers!

I completed a ICF plan recently where I was trying to use the brick ledge feature to drop the entire ICF wall (less the interior drywall) 1 1/2". I ended up just used a 2D line and a note to get'r done. 

Maybe I should have put the ICF wall less the interior drywall on the exterior wall layers and use the brick ledge feature. Any ideas?

I have used it on interior walls where the drywall extends down over a conc. wall, you just have to be aware where the main layer is and flip the wall if you have to. It only extends down on the main layer. Never done "ICF" walls, try it and see

I have used it on interior walls where the drywall extends down over a conc. wall, you just have to be aware where the main layer is and flip the wall if you have to. It only extends down on the main layer.

That my friend is a super tip.

Larry,

I took a quick look at your plan but it appears the version you attached had already been changed so I couldn't test with your original settings.  What I think was going on though was a result of your using one of Chief's tools incorrectly...specifically, the Slab Footing tool.  That tool isn't a normal wall type and was designed to build monolithic slab foundations with (which your foundation really isn't).  I think you should be using an entirely different wall type, probably a normal foundation wall.  I think the program is just getting confused when you try to paint the wall and was doing a rebuild of sorts to those walls which were reverting to their original purpose (the footings for a monolithic slab foundation) and therefore the attempted change resulted in a mono slab. Hard to say what exactly was happening without the original plan though.

That being said, Perry was right that you should still be using an exterior layer.  What you were trying to do was essentially paint the footing which as far as I know isn't even possible except right here...post-46-0-13605800-1473106708_thumb.png and regardless wouldn't have resulted in an accurate model...you weren't going to build that foundation with stucco were you ? :)

Foundation walls are just like any wall, you can change them at will, make a room, if you watched any of Scott's videos, you could see he just copies normal walls and pastes them on the foundation level. Even using a mono slab, the footings are changeable.