Corner foyer mess, part 2

GeneDavis

I tried to model the barn project I just finished, using the Perry method of doing a second floor, and had pretty good success at getting a clean model that looked good inside and out.

But then I realized I had built the whole thing using the default SIDING-6 wall, which is insulated, and has drywall inside.

I took my clean model and tried changing all the walls to my wall type SIDING-6, uninsulated, no drywall and the model started acting weird.

On floor one, the octagonal entry is separated from the barn with walls type ROOM DIVIDER.  This worked for me earlier, and it is in place on floor one.  The problem is with floor two, which in the model (file attached), I am unable to get walls of any type to separate the floor two part of the foyer below.

To roof this, I want the barn floor two at 60 inch rough ceiling, and the foyer floor two at 33.25 rough ceiling.  The barn has a trussed roof, the foyer is rafters in 2x6.

If someone has a solution, I would like to see it.

Test barn.plan

post-55-0-29426200-1473032379_thumb.png

post-55-0-17723600-1473032422_thumb.png

Got it!  You cannot stack a floor two wall above a floor one room divider wall, in this case.  Did not try this in another, but when I changed the floor one room divider walls to invisible glass shower walls, I was able to stack the walls above that I needed, and get a clean model.