rail wall and main wall intersection issue

mtldesigns

Hey CA community,

Got a little issue where a rail wall intersects a main wall.  The exterior material gets removed above the rail wall, on the main wall.  This has happened many places now on the design I am working and I was able to duplicate the issue on this example model.  Any ideas, is it a settings thing???  This is a raised planter bed, and focal point of my clients back yard.

Thanks,

wall intersection problem.plan

post-4747-0-11748900-1472920627_thumb.jpg

post-4747-0-23469800-1472920629_thumb.jpg

Hey CA community,

Got a little issue where a rail wall intersects a main wall.  The exterior material gets removed above the rail wall, on the main wall.  This has happened many places now on the design I am working and I was able to duplicate the issue on this example model.  Any ideas, is it a settings thing???  This is a raised planter bed, and focal point of my clients back yard.

Thanks,

Great question,  I think you should add an additional layer on the inside of the railing wall....  make it 1/64" thick and it will be fixed......  I suppose you need another layer on inside of wall....

post-50-0-47272000-1472922025_thumb.png

That's exactly how I am getting around this Scott, by creating a thin solid, matching material properties, and then putting in its place.  Thought there was another way to correct this the right way, instead of using duct tape, per say.

Chiefer, I did try another wall and move into place, same result.  Did that before I posted my question.  If you look at the plan, it looks like the rail wall, penetrates the main, whereas it should stop at face.  I changed the main to a pony, with block on the bottom portion (inside raised bed, like it would be built), and the height being the same as rail wall.  Still no fix. 

Wondering why I can't open the model I attached before?  Says its locked.  So when you guys open an attached model, is it via my PC, vs an attachment you download or open on your own??    

Thanks gents!

Wall intersection tool didn't work either.  Did you try it, and if so, did it work for you?  I got two fix around ideas and trying those.  The show must go on, right?

Hey Chief Architect, when you get in on Tuesday.  Is this something you can get fixed on next release.  This program is so smart, you would think a simple wall intersection wouldn't need "work arounds". 

Thanks