Layout page number macro?

Gawdzira

I am looking to automate my changes to the layout page table. In the case I am running into, adding a page is affecting my subsequent pages. I a looking to replace where I have A14 with something like A %macro% that points to the number of the actual page (14) so that when I add another page at (9) or somewhere else, the sheets will reorder accordingly.

Thanks

Alan

post-170-0-19239600-1472403890_thumb.jpg

Just to add to this topic. The layout page macro is done on page "0" and a dilemma I have is when I change from "A" (Architectural) to  "P" for (plumbing) or "M" for (mechanical) I have to create a new text box with solid white fill and set it on top to cover the "A" page number.

It would be nice to have the macro recognize the page info from the DBX to automatically change the letter designation while still keeping the page number.

I have started using that # but the project in the image has not been updated for that change yet. Thanks.

But, would I be able to do that with a sequence A1-A12 and then S1-S5?

Absolutely.  It's all done in "Edit Page Information" on the "Label" line.  The nice thing about this is that any page that doesn't have anything on it will simply not be in the "Layout Page Table" and will not take up a number.  You can have as many pages reserved without them messing up the Sheet Index.