Cad Blocked Text Rotation Issue

Chopsaw

I thought I remembered reading about this on the forum as an X7 issue but it still seems to be an issue in the current version of X8.  I will report this to tech next week but is there any way to get around this for now?  I can over rotate to compensate but there is also a distortion issue.  Ok to rotate 180o but squished at 90and distorted any where in between.

post-4797-0-54808900-1472351644_thumb.jpg

I already talked to tech and after I sent it in figured out that this only happens when the text in the cad block has been scaled and you no longer have a 1:1 factor ratio. They have not provided a fix yet but I figured out a temporary workaround to create a .png capture and re import back into Chief and then rotate but what a pain.

Text Rotation Test.plan

I find this issue as well, but it does not require that the Block be scaled for this to occur.

Another odd issue with CAD Blocks containing text is that when several Blocks are group selected, the Blocks can become overwritten by other Blocks in the selected group.  Seriously not cool.

Been meaning to report this to tech support, but have not taken the time to do so yet.

Rod, I would be quite interested in unscaled cad blocked text rotation issues because tech is for sure not aware of this. If you could post a sample plan that would be great or just send it in to tech and reference my ticket #62820 Lets get this fixed!!