Site Plan Issues

Designer100

I have separate file for Site Plan. I am trying to insert the revised house plan on it to send to sheet A.1. 

I would appreciate any help in getting it there. I zipped this file and do not know whether it came in or not.

Thanks for any help. 

Chief Architect x8 

.zip

Open both plans and CTRL + C on plan A then CTRL + ALT + V on plan B providing that you have used the same origin on both plans as I would have started with the house plan and drawn the site plan around that.  And copy what ever layers you need, likely just the Plan footprint should be all that is necessary.

Newel, why don't you just create your site plan and plan view all in one plan? This is how I do it. I use an anno set that is associated with a site plan layer set with defaults set as I need for a site plan. It makes this very easy.

You can confirm whether a file uploaded correctly by downloading it from the forum post and checking it for yourself - you don't need to leave that for others to discover.

I agree with Tommy that it's easier to create the site plan and the house plan in the same file. But as Chopsaw pointed out, just copy/paste from one file to the other; I would copy the site plan and move it over to the house plan. If you're using a Terrain Perimeter in the site plan it will revert to a closed polyline, but you can easily change it back to a terrain perimeter. Any elevation data (contours, spot elevations, etc.) should be preserved in the copy/paste.

Newel, why don't you just create your site plan and plan view all in one plan? This is how I do it. I use an anno set that is associated with a site plan layer set with defaults set as I need for a site plan. It makes this very easy.

This is how I do it also.