Lower Floor Within Another Room

chiefuserchad

I am trying to draw a basement that we will be digging out of an existing crawl space. Since we're only digging out part of the crawl space I need the crawl space "room" to stay at its floor height while the new basement drops below that. But any walls that I draw that go below the crawl space floor disappear. How do i fix this?

You can see the issue when you open a perspective.

Perucca Existing.plan

That is the closest so far. I made my own pony wall type that has no footing and a 8" stem wall with a interior 4 above. it looks like the 8" stemwall is whats causing the wall disappearing. Any idea way?

Nice call,  I cannot figure it out either.

It seems as if it is the lower wall that is causing the problem because if you change the wall to just about anything else,  you can see the wall.

It is something specific to that particular wall....  I think.  If I use a 6" co crete stem wall,  all is okay.

post-50-0-92915200-1472067560_thumb.png

If I delete the gypsum or fur off the lower portion and change it back to 6" stem wall its visible. But when I change it to 8 it disappears. Even if there are no extra layers on it. I'm so confused. There;s a 8" CMU block stem wall that renders just fine. Although upon closer inspection its main layer is only 7 5/8". Does CA just not like 8" stem walls???