Spline Polyline kills plan file

Chopsaw

Would it seem reasonable that 1 Spline polyline would increase my plan file size from 4 MB to 80 MB and make my computer so slow that is almost unusable. Now the Spline polyline is over 4000' long by 5' wide and is curved every 50' or so but really this is crazy. I need 7 of these with transparent fill and I can't finish the first one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated before I call tech in the morning.

Are you using Advanced Spines?

I have no idea if it would make any difference if you use Advanced Splines or ordinary splines - but may be worth a try.

I would also try converting the Spline Molding Polyline to a plain Molding Polyline (Convert Spline to Polyline) and see if that makes a difference. 

Glenn, I would like to use advanced splines but it presents the same problems. It was a plain polyline before I converted it and it was fine at that point but I need the curves for the shoreline or it won't look right. Don't really want to have print it and finish it by hand. I just cant believe one simple cad item could bring my system to it's knees. If I was maxing out my video card would it not also affect other programs running at the same time. My mouse moves in leaps and bounds but only in Chief.

Johnny,  Thanks for testing the situation for me, those are the results that I would expect to get but for some reason am not.

Glenn, Sorry, I may not have been clear enough before but I was able to convert to Advanced Splines from Normal Splines and did not notice any appreciable improvement.

Thanks Guys.