Auto Dormer Question

KKB9750

Personally, this isn't a place where I would use an auto-dormer... in fact, I rarely use that tool.

I agree with JPC.  I build them manually.  

However,  you might try EXPLODING (there is a tool at bottom left corner of screen available when you select the auto dormer) the auto dormer and then play with raising and lowering the roof planes.

I have been complaining about the Rafters showing below the ceiling line for many versions now. The program just won't cut oversized rafters at that point. In almost every job I have the hips are much larger than the rafters ( because of bearing hips now), Just changing the hip size won't do it for me. I use framing labels and we need the actual size shown with a cut at the bottom. Right now I have to shut off the rafters in these interior views but then I don't get the rafters showing outside through the windows. Chief please fix the framing to be as it would be in real life.

Explode dormer / select roof plane / open dbx / adjust roof structure layer framing to 9 1/4". same as roof plane of house. All will be well after adjustments. 

Thanks Shane! This did the trick.

Point taken about building them manually in the future though.

If you need to have an accurate framing, this won't work, I hope Chief will fix this. the first post shows a hip or valley which we all know need to be a size larger than the rafter and Chief calls this a ridge and there is no way to have ridge hip and valley the same size, for me they are all different sizes, manually fixing these is all we can do at this point..