Bad printing

johnny

Go to solution Solved by BenPalmer,

So i've been trying to work with greyscale prints, and I dont know how to get the result from CA such the text isn't blurry.  The print preview by Chief looks great, and then the print itself is pixelated.   Below is the print preview screen capture and then the PDF result.

Are there settings I can change to get more crisp text and lines?

post-75-0-26122500-1471974519_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-69141200-1471974524_thumb.jpg

Johnny,

When you print, what dpi setting are you using?  Normally I use 600 but you can use higher if necessary.

That is a good point too, and I realize now after using Chief's built-in PDF system is that CA prints in Vector (which is sharp) vs using Adobe's print driver it converts to an image.  Upping the DPI would probably make sense, but the option to print in Vector is perfect.

Only problem with Chiefs built in pdf is it creates huge file size as compared to Adobe.

I used to have that issue, but an update along the way fixed that for me.  No more large files on my end.

However, i would still rather use my own pdf software as I like the options I have better.  The integrated one is limited, especially when needing to print multiple views, cameras, floors, etc into one pdf.