Can I convert LAYOUT that has LAYOUT BOXES on it to DWG or DXG

dshall

I have a client who would like a DWG or DXF file of my layout with the layout boxes.

IOW,  I have LAYOUT FILE with different windows that have been sent to layout,  is it possible to get a DXF or DWG file of the entire sheet?

file:///Users/dscotthallIMACOFFICE/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202016-08-23%20at%206.15.51%20AM.png

post-50-0-42384800-1471958194_thumb.png

There are PDF (or PLT) to DWG converters out there. So after you have output to a PDF you can convert to DWG.

Be aware of "Online" PDF 2 DWG converter websites for they are notorious of planting ransom ware on computers.

Jerry, you are a genius.  That should work....  I think,  thanks tons.

You can one page at a time-export current view-dwg. Line weights do save. Will go to model space in cad not to layout, at the scale used in the layout NOT to world scale.

I use plot lines to begin with so don't know about live views.

I check em in TurboCad Deluxe (cheap) can use Double Cad (free). Always have to size to extents to see it and need to have a white background-or select all and change the line colors.

post-85-0-71795700-1471965186_thumb.png

The key point about exporting layout pages is scale. If you export a layout view from the layout, it is exported at the scale of the layout page (paper size) which then makes the recipient have to guess what the scale is. What I always do is to open the layout, double-click on the views I want to share, when opened in plan view I then export the view at a scale of 1' = 1' where the recipient then does not have to guess the scale. I also send the recipient a copy of the layout printed to PDF for reference, works for me.

DJP