2nd Cabinet Schedule for same room

ShaneK

Not at my computer to test but as long as it hasn't been fixed, there's a somewhat useful "bug" that may help you...

1. Check Include In Schedule for only one group of your cabinets and drop a schedule into you plan that is set to only include objects from that one room.

2. Once that schedule is generated, shift select and block it. This should "freeze" that schedule in time...this is the "bug" I mentioned.

3. Uncheck Include In Schedule for the first group of cabinets and then check Include In Schedule for the second group.

4. Drop another schedule into the plan set to include only objects from that one room.

You'll need to manually update that first schedule if you make any changes by blocking that second schedule and repeating the necessary steps but I think it's a better solution that the only alternatives I know of...creating a CAD Detail From View or converting the schedule to text, neither of which can be updated and would need to be recreated after any changes.

I know it's not perfect but hopefully it helps. We could definitely use a lot more flexibility when it comes to schedules.

If it's an island in one style with only a cabinet or two and some parts-I use room dividers around the island. Then block psolids with labels, included in the schedule for parts and another cabinet. You can mess with the psolid to get correct dimension in the schedule or overwrite it on the schedule with a filled text block.

If it is wall cabinets in one finish and bases in another then I use two plans.

One complete (working plan) with all cabinets but walls not included in schedule. Second plan just for schedule -save as,  delete base cabinets (or don't include), include wall cabinets in schedule-change or add letter for schedule callout.

That gets you the two schedules.

For prints I've done it a couple of ways.

Lately I've taken to just manually adding the second set of callout labels to the first plans views.  That way it is clear where the correct sizes are and the labels don't change.

You just have to update the second plan so the schedule matches any changes you make. Delete the wall cabinets in the second plan, copy and paste place the updated wall cabinets, adjust schedule numbering if needed. This means I always have a live schedule for the bases and a live schedule for the wall cabinets (so long as you update) and always work in one plan.

In the past I've tried using overlapping floor plans/elevations in layout either with one live plan and a cad detail, one showing wall cabinets the other bases. Also tried  a cad detail with and only showing the callouts. Right now I'm sticking with manual callouts, live working plan, second plan for schedule.

If you're not already using this technique for something else you can also keep both schedules live by treating one group of cabinets completely normally and then individually shift selecting and blocking the second group of cabinets one by one.  .  For the second group of cabinets you would need to open the Architectural Block Specification dbx (again for each individual cabinet block either one by one or by group selecting), check Treat As One Object and then under Include In Schedule, select cabinet.  When you drop the second schedule into the plan, under Objects To Include, only check "Other". 

You'll probably also want to change the label prefix for that second schedule if you're using callouts and depending on what you're doing you may need to mess with the label for your Architectural Block either manually or using macros. 

Oh ya...also, if you're displaying the labels as callouts you'll probably want to suppress the labels for those cabinets (as opposed to the architectural block) in the second group (either before blocking or by selecting the block and then hitting tab) and then making sure your Architectural Blocks, Labels layer is turned on.  You would need to suppress the labels because BOTH the Cabinets, Labels layer and Architectural Blocks, Labels layers would need to be turned on if you want callouts displayed for both schedules. 

I use arch blocks to get items that are not cabinets into the schedule. Only rarely will I use it for a cabinet, maybe two.

Had tried it once for a two tone kitchen. Problem is half the dimensions will be correct, but a perpendicular wall will have length and width backwards. Makes too much clean up.

I use arch blocks to get items that are not cabinets into the schedule. Only rarely will I use it for a cabinet, maybe two.

Had tried it once for a two tone kitchen. Problem is half the dimensions will be correct, but a perpendicular wall will have length and width backwards. Makes too much clean up.

Ya, I think I agree.  I would probably use the blocked schedule technique myself or the schedule converted to text before anything else.  Just thought I'd throw another option out there though.