AutoCad Drawings of Home to be converted into Home Designer Pro 2016

ChiefBobSam

Hello, We have purchased a home and we have the autocad drawings of the entire house.  Is there someone that is proficient with HDP 2016 and would be able to create our house from the autocad drawings.  I would like to make an exact copy of current house in HDP 2016 so I could then start looking at making an addtion onto the back of the house.  Thank you, Bob

Bob:

for clarity Chief Premier user can also convert the plans and set the edit switch so that you can continue

to work with the plan after that

NOTE:  if Premier features are used that don't exist in HDP then those sections will be read only

there are some Chiefers who have HDP also and they can do the entire plan in HDP

good luck

Lew

Thank you Lew and Eric for the info.

Lew, I would like it done in HDP so i could continue on with it.

Eric, I know it would be perfect for me to learn more about it.  I started playing with building the foundation wall and found it takes more time to copy something then to make from scratch. Maybe there are some good shortcuts, i just don't know.  I was able to import the *.dxf so i had overlay.  just taking me longer then i wanted.  Figured I would see if someone good at HDP could create for me.