Crap, updated libraries and this is what I now see

dshall

Crap,  updated libraries and this is what I now see,  anybody else seeing this?

I have always had my textures and now I auto update .......  if it ain't broke,  don't fix it....  why did I update libraries?

post-50-0-49875500-1471712237_thumb.png

I'm on a MAC.  When I did it yesterday,  it froze on Wellborn cabinets,  I did not realize this because I had to go and play golf,  but this morning,  still stuck on Wellborn,  I  quit restarted,  updated libraries again,  it went through the whole thing quickly and then it went back and started updating eldorado stone, now it is  updating kohler....  I will keep you posted....  but a quick look at culture stone and I am missing most of my textures....  not good.

I will keep you posted,  but in any event,  why would it delete some of my textures unless they were discontinued......  BUT I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE DISCONTINUED,  I still want them.

I updated and now the Daltile folder has moved from the Manufacturer Catalog to the Chief Architect Bonus Catalog. It's completely screwed up my current projects that are looking for Daltile materials in the Manufacturer Catalog.

Perry, I was referring to the cultured stone that I believe is Manufactured in California: http://www2.owenscor...ectionguide.pdf

Chopsaw, I believe the "Cultured Stone" product was bought out from O.C. by Boral. The .PDF you are linking is dated 2010. If you find current information contrary to this, please let me know.

I updated and now the Daltile folder has moved from the Manufacturer Catalog to the Chief Architect Bonus Catalog.

Robert, we also saw this issue, I believe we had corrected it. Let me dig deeper here and I can let you know next steps.

sounds like this is a job for Super Support at Headquarters

Scott, yes please contact support. Installing new and updated catalogs does not delete old textures as far as I've ever known. There were a number of discontinued products that should no longer display in your library browser. We are obligated to not distribute discontinued materials. You can always choose to install the older version of the catalog if you want the older product. This will limit you to not having access to new/updated products.

I updated and now the Daltile folder has moved from the Manufacturer Catalog to the Chief Architect Bonus Catalog.

Robert, feel free to contact support for steps to resolve this issue as well.

In short, you will want to delete the DalTile catalog from the 'Bonus' area of your catalog, then re-install it. The latest catalog should updated properly to the 'Manufacturer' area.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Here is a question.  If I am using a material from a Manufacturer,  and if I then update the manufacturer catalog libraries,  and that material is no longer available,  what happens to any of my plans that is using the material?

Does it disappear from my plan?

Talking about disappearing materials, when I upgraded,  I lost the Owens Corning mineral surfaced material.  A material I use for all of my built up roofs.  I had to download an older version of their catalog to get it back.  CA needs to work on this.  We can't  losing materials.  Maybe CA can keep the material but alert us that it is no longer available.

post-50-0-03494000-1471950029_thumb.png