Creating a .PDF to scale for print shop

Mrisser

Go to solution Solved by joey_martin,

I need some support. I've got a full set of plans in layout and I need to get them into .PDF format to send off to the print shop. What is the best method to maintain scale, sheet size and image quality? So far I've exported them to .jpeg with the resolution set to 300 (per the printers recommendation). Do I need to purchase and download a separate piece of software in order to export a .PDF to scale?

Many thanks in advance!

Chiefs built in pdf printer allows printing to scale directly from layout. It also allows you to control the DPI. All that should be enough for plans. If you need more than that or are doing images then you might want another option.

I started with Chief 9.5 when they distributed PDF995

I still use it, there are  many other independent free PDF creators out there

I like using one independent of chief as I create PDF's while surfing the web

and with my laptop when I don't have a printer attached for printing when I get home

to email things

to archive things

Lew

I may not have explained myself well enough...sorry about that! I have an Architectural B size drawing sheet (12 X 18) in Chief. I've exported it to a .jpg with the resolution set at 300. I need to convert the .jpg into a .PDF and maintain that 12 X 18 sheet size, as well as my 1/8"=1' scale so that I can email the .PDF file off to the print shop to have it plotted.

Lew, it seems as though you might be using the same technique I assume I will need to use. I think I am in need of an independent converter ap. Is there one you recommend? I tried one of the free online converters but the image clarity was terrible... and I had no way to check on whether it had maintained the sheet size and scale.

Melissa

I may not have explained myself well enough...sorry about that! I have an Architectural B size drawing sheet (12 X 18) in Chief. I've exported it to a .jpg with the resolution set at 300. I need to convert the .jpg into a .PDF and maintain that 12 X 18 sheet size, as well as my 1/8"=1' scale so that I can email the .PDF file off to the print shop to have it plotted.

Lew, it seems as though you might be using the same technique I assume I will need to use. I think I am in need of an independent converter ap. Is there one you recommend? I tried one of the free online converters but the image clarity was terrible... and I had no way to check on whether it had maintained the sheet size and scale.

Melissa

You explained yourself very well the first time. For some reason you did not listen to the answers.