I'm Frustrated

Joe_Carrick

I spend a lot of time getting the Model correct (Wall Types, Materials, etc) but there's no way to transfer all that information to the ConDocs.  For Elevation and Section Views I need the Wall and Roof Materials available for automatic annotation - preferably as "Elevation Labels".  As it is now, the best I can do is manually type that data as notes.  We have all this BIM data but we can't use it.

We need the ability to annotate our Elevations and Sections with accuracy so that it matches what's in the model.  Without having the attributes and separate Labels the only thing we get is pretty pictures.  I need to be able to get my projects built and that requires a way to convey to the builder what the materials are supposed to be.

In other words you are saying You need similar to AutoCad .Net support in ChiefArchitect.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-C3F3C736-40CF-44A0-9210-55F6A939B6F2

==

You Can get every room area sq ft, but you can not get room flooring type. You know every roof plane sq ft, but you don't know - the roof finish.

CA needs to give users real macro language.