So far - almost good roof

ladycoralie

Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble with this roof in my plan. I've been trying to create a clerestory roof over the main living area. I think I've done that. I wanted Gable roofs over the garage and the front bedroom, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the in between bits. I'm too afraid to change the hip roof in case it goes wonky. Can someone please take a look at it and tell me what they would do with that bit in between the garage and the bedroom with the gable? I've tried many different solutions, but none seem to work so far.

Thanks

Coralie

Marthas Barn.plan

I am rather sure that Eric and Yusuf both altered the roofs manually in terms of "How". No time like the present to start learning by trying-failing-trying-failing until you obtain a success.

DJP

Thanks David. Believe me, I've been doing that. I have tried manually without success. I just needed a helping hand with some ideas. I will get to it.

Thanks Eric and Yusuf so much. That is what I needed. Some ideas on how to do the roof over that section. I had tried a number of different ways, but they looked ridiculous. I'm learning, but I'm getting there. Thanks again so much. Really appreciate it.

Cheers and thanks

Coralie

:D:wub:

P.S. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Coralie,

Mostly (more often than not) you need to design holistically.

ie, you need to consider what is happening to the roof as you are working on a floor plan.

This would appear to be a case where it is unlikely that you are going to get a satisfactory solution given your floor plan and roof requirements.

Something has to give to enable you to end up with a cohesive roof in lieu of a "patched" roof.

Is this a new build or an alteration.

It probably is bad architecture as I'm no architect. LOL. I think I will have to make some adjustments to my building. It was new, not a rebuild. I have been working on a copy of it, so I'll make a few changes.

Cheers and thanks.

Coralie

Ladycoralie, sure David and glenn has said it well, I will also give you a free offer of an hour session on Skype. please PM me your Skype name and I will let you know when I can do that for you.