Need help on DWG import

VisualDandD

Hey all.   Can anyone see if they can open this file and see in Chief?   I have opened tons of survey files from my surveyors but for some reason this wont show anything.    I have checked it in Autocad 360 viewer and it shows just fine....but I cant get it to import?...

He also sent me a few other exports (a dxf, older versions of autocad....etc)  and none of them work.   I tried opening old stuff he sent me in the past and it opens just fine.   He is gone for the weekend now and I was hoping to do some work over the weekend.

Any help would be appreciated.   

Thanks!

plot plans.zip

DWG file.plan

Here is a little trick I discovered.

Open the DWG up in a program like DraftSite. It is a free AutoCad clone from the people that make Solid Works, If I remember correctly.

Open the model space, select all the lines with a right to left select box then using the left mouse click on the selected lines and such and drag it over to a blank plan in Chief.

This usually works like it did on this file.

Andy.

I am curious, were you able to use the file I posted?

Andy.

Andy

I tried your method.   I was not seeing how you got it to drag across.?....

But, I heard back from tech support.... It was actually importing.   The problem was there was some stray text that was making the extents so far back that you could not see the import.   It was over 200miles wide with one small text block causing it.

I was able to find and open it now.   

Only question I have now, is does Autocad lock you out of importing some layers.   All the borders and title blocks from his layout (which you can see in the viewer) dont import in the file.    No big deal in the end as I can get him to send me a PDF for permitting.   I really need it to triangulate points for stakes that get taken out during clearing...etc.   Just saves me trip charges to restake points at a non critical stage.  (eg overdigs...etc)