Material List & Finish Schedule - Don't Match

Joe_Carrick

When using a Floor Material Region the Material List will show the Material Region - but the Finish Schedule will show the "Floor Finish" as specified in the Structure Tab of the Room dbx.

These things can be different.  The Material List shows the correct materials and quantities but the Finish Schedule doesn't show any of the Floor Material Region.  Both materials should be listed in the Finish Schedule - but if the Floor Material Region covers the Entire Room and it "Cuts Finish Layers of Parent Object" then the Finish Schedule should only show the "Floor Material Region".

The same thing is true for Wall Material Regions.  Basically Floor and Wall Material Regions are not reflected in the Finish Schedule.

I will report this to Customer Support

• Upvote 1

Joe, I have a concrete floor I put a 1/4" material region on to depict a high density top coat that volume top coat has around five materials that make up its composition that gets sanded with 800, 1200, and 1500. Not knowing any better or I did know how

I think it was too much hassle to mate it under sole plates. I did it for aesthetics and the high gloss looks sweet! My question is how would a ML entry help me in this case do a take-off? Wall regions, I'm not sure I even trust the drywall estimates mine have been very large but it could be accurate. The drywall guys have some program I forgot the name they say is accurate but only for the big commercial jobs, residential guys don't have do it by hand and they said my ML looked to big.

When using a Floor Material Region the Material List will show the Material Region - but the Finish Schedule will show the "Floor Finish" as specified in the Structure Tab of the Room dbx.

That's true. All finish schedule does is just states what is in the structure tab. Material List computes details and is correct. +1 rep