Maximum Material File Size?

Chopsaw

Does anyone know if there is a known maximum file size for materials in X8? It would be nice to get a warning or something but I keep having to use Task Manager to End Task. I have done this several times now after making file after file and reducing the resolution each time. Any suggestions would be great at this point. I have a 400 dpi .jpg file that is working at 5.32 MB and a 600 dpi. .jpg file that is not working at 10.2 MB it seems that my system will handle a file like this but Chief will not. Would like to maximize my resolution without too many more tries.

Was able to get a 7.6 MB 500dpi .jpg to work, and it looks ok so that may have to do for now.

Working on a project that I thought I would try a 3D Satellite overview of like Antoine was working on last week: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/10486-jog-memory-please-or-upgrade/

So I applied the material to a psolid laying on top of the Terrain Perimeter just slightly smaller that the Terrain Perimeter (matching with the sheet margins) for scaling purposes to match the material source from plan view of a satellite image overlaid with plot plan info.

The issue being that the only apparent export option from plan view with greater that screen resolution is PDF and that needs to be converted to something else with third party software to make a material with.

My initial thoughts were to use a .jpg file but maybe there is another format that would produce a higher resolution with a smaller file size? The biggest resolution issue is text and plot lines from the plot plan overlay.

I did a little more reading and testing and it seems that a .png file format is more suitable for this sort of situation so I tried loading one at 500 dpi. and 3.76 MB that looked better than the 500 dpi. .jpg file but again it is time for Task Manager and another call to Tech Support.