Backdrops question

ajrare

Short answer yes you can.

It will be nessesarry to take multiple shots of the property and from different distances from the actual build site. I have done this on new construction and on a church addition to show the building committee the finished look of the project and had good results with it.

With the Addition it is most important to get the distance to the existing building and the angle correct to get the addition to match.

Give the client a real feeling for their completed Home or business or in my example the church.

Have a great week,Ken

I believe you could do this by using a "Billboard Technique" with a large cylinder surrounding the building.  Explode that and place the image (texture) on the inside face of the cylinder.  There are several other ways to create the surface to apply the image to.

• Downvote 1

Joe,

Isn't that what Spherical Panoramic Backdrop does?

Glenn, I think the answer is yes. However, I think it is difficult to control the angle displacement of the spherical backdrop. Go ahead and give a play, look at it and now see if you can rorate the backdrop 90 degrees.

With Joe's method, it seems it would be very easy to rotate the cylinder 90 degrees.

• 9 months later...