Multiple roof slopes on a single roof

ajrare

Have main roof body hip roof 5/12.     Front roof gables 9/12.

Want to build with auto build roof.   When changing roof plane to 9/12 for the front  gable continues to show both 4/12  & 9/12.    See attached pic.  Need 9/12 front gable.   Struggling building a mixed roof pitches roof with automatic build roof.  Any suggestion on this task?

post-987-0-76628900-1470848825_thumb.jpg

For auto roofs, set the pitch for each individual plane in the WALL dbx (Roof tab). The pitch is controlled by the wall where the baseline is located. So, for the gable in your pic the 2 roof planes would be controlled by the 2 side walls and not the gable wall. You may need to place breaks in some walls to get exactly what you're looking for.

For auto roofs, set the pitch for each individual plane in the WALL dbx (Roof tab). The pitch is controlled by the wall where the baseline is located. So, for the gable in your pic the 2 roof planes would be controlled by the 2 side walls and not the gable wall. You may need to place breaks in some walls to get exactly what you're looking for.

Can you independently specify different rafter depths at each wall and can you independently specify whether it is a truss roof or a conventionally framed roof that is bearing on a particular wall?

....... But you already know this. ;)  

You are correct,  I do know this.  I wanted to make sure that the OP understood the limitations with auto build roof.  I understand that The Great Glenn Woodward does auto roof rebuild.  However,  on just about every project I work on I have a mixture of rafter sizes and often times I have a mixture of conventional framing and truss framing.  With  the mixtures I have,  auto build roof never works.

• Upvote 1