Deck railing changes wall siding

DBearss

Newbie here.

I am using an invisible deck railing to create a covered porch. When I connect the railing to the exterior walls the siding material changes and I cannot select a different siding. Changing the railing to visible has no effect. If I connect the railing to a different exterior wall then that new wall material changes. Is this a bug or am I missing something and not creating my porch correctly?

regards,

If it is small you can upload it as is (after closing Chief).  If larger zip it up.  You can do a back up of files and textures to a folder and then zip it.  Click on the More Reply Options on the bottom right of the post and you can attach a file.  MAke sure to upload the file after it is selected and the link is in the browser for the upload.

WE can then look at the plan and see if we can find the problem.

David,  I have to run so I'm only gonna give you a quick and short response...

One of your walls at the entry is reversed.  Simply click the Reverse Layers tool to fix that one.  For the rest, open one of those walls or Build>Wall>Define Wall Types and change the actual wall definition to apply the material you want.  That should fix it and it should behave much more stably that way.  I think what's happened is that you've painted your "exterior room" and then when you add those invisible walls it simply confuses the program...it doesn't know whether to use the wall settings or one of the various associated room settings.  In fact, you can simply open and close one or 2 of those walls and the materials will change.  Change the wall type definition though and you should be good to go. 

Sorry, won't have time to dig any deeper than that right now as I'm about to head out the door.  Hopefully that helps though.