Is there a way to show siding on the main floor and framing on the upper?

zowie123

Hey all, I'm having to do more framing plans and I've been adding more overviews for better comprehension.  I'm adding an upper floor to this house:

Is there a way to show siding on the main floor with framed walls on the second without photoshop?

Thank you, Barry

Alaskan Son...You da man, thanks, I'll give it a try.  Barry

You bet.  You'll probably have to mess with a few other layer settings as well such as placing first floor windows and doors on unique layers as turning those layers on as well, turning on your exterior casing layer...I'm sure you'll run into more.  Point is though that its all in the layer control. 

P.S.  One other trick I have used from time to time to avoid sending things to PS is simply sending overlapped views to layout.  May or may not work in this situation but its a good tool to throw in your toolbox. 

It might be easier to simply edit the 2nd Floor Walls, Normal to a new Layer that you could turn off in a Layer Set that has all the Framing ON.  When that Layer is turned off, it will take care of all the Windows & Doors - including the Casings, Sills, etc.

You would need to do something similar for the Roof Planes and Attic Walls.  You could probably use a Layer named "Hide_This" for all such items.