plotting problems with windows 10

mikes616

Ray,

I went to the WinLine site and I see that they do have a version to support Windows 10 now and I installed it ( version 9).  I just don't know how to configure it....or am I supposed to configure the plotter?? It still doesn't work but I see that the new plotter driver is set to "Manual" for the paper and I am using a roll plotter.  Any thoughts??

I have an older HP 750 (now a 755CM). I had this same problem when I bought a new desktop a few years ago with Win 7 Pro 64-bit. Tried every print driver I could find; none worked. Someone on this forum pointed me to a generic HP driver. Installed it - no luck. It almost seemed like the print job was hung in the print cue and Win 7 would not release it to the plotter. I bought an HP laptop not too long afterwards. It came with Win 7 Home Edition. I installed the same print driver on it and it worked just fine. I never could find an answer why it would not work on the desktop but would on the laptop. Ever since then I use the laptop for my print server and always, as Lew and others suggest, print to PDF first. That change alone has save me a ton of wasted paper and expense as I am able to check the PDF for all of those "extra lines" that I don't want before I print. Also saves cutting down a few trees.

Mike