show first floor as template for second floor,

Don_Straub_Const

I am drawing a duplex and most of the second floor stacks on the first. Is there a way to overlay ( Show the 1st floor as a template while working on the second) the second floor over the first so I can insure my walls are in alignment?

Another issue that I think this will help with is we are currently looking at different configurations on the lot. I have to move each floor individually so this will help with keeping everything aligned unless there is a better way to move the whole structure.

Thank you 

As Rich said, turn on the reference display using either the little icon in his attached picture, by navigating to Tools>Reference Floors>Reference Floor Display, or by simply hitting F9.  You can select any floor to be your reference floor by clicking Swap Floor/Reference (just below Reference Floor Display) to toggle between the floor above or the floor below...OR, what I often find easiest...click on Change Floor/Reference (Control+Shift+G)...post-46-0-08449400-1470517765_thumb.png

There you can switch the current floor, the reference floor, the reference floor layer set, and a few display options all in one place. 

Regarding moving the entire building.  You can usually do that pretty easily by using Edit>Edit Area>Edit Area (All Floors).  Once you select the tool, simply draw a marquis selection box around the building and then use the move handle to move everything all at once.  You can also optionally draw a closed polyline of any shape FIRST, then click on Edit Area while the polyline is selected and that polyline will be used as your selection area.