Working with others in Chief Architect

gdesignbuild

Hey all! I have a job coming up that will require a licensed architect and a professional engineer. Last time I did this type of job, it seemed very tedious to get everything together. Most architects that I know are using AutoCAD. I was told that if it was saved in the version that they have, that they can make modifications to it. Alternatively, you could save it as the earliest version and then that or any version after could open it. Doing it this way, we still had some problems. I need to do a 6 condo complex, then be able to send it to an architect for him to do his part. Possibly, I need to be able yo get it back and open it and work in it without disturbing his work. The engineer part is easy as he just tells me any changes that need to be made. I make it to his liking and he applies his stamp. Wondering if anyone with experience doing this can share how they do it or also, if anyone around here is a licensed architect in Ontario, Canada and uses Chief Architect?

Thanks!

I seem to be getting more commercial job inquiries. Most of them are from previous home plan clients or referral from them. I used to turn them all down but have now started to agree to preliminary design work as long as they know it has to go to an architect and engineer for the code review work and structure. Once the design and presentation work is complete I hand it off to the client or one of the firms I work with. I do not do any work on the plans after that as they are beyond my scope of practice as stated in the NBCC.

Any architect I know will only stamp their own drawings produced by their office but engineers usually will stamp residential plans with their details and notes added.