solver

One Roof Plane -- Multiple Framing Types?

Have a roof plane with multiple types of framing.

post-1284-0-73635600-1470072372_thumb.jpgpost-1284-0-34782600-1470073640_thumb.jpg

Exposed rafter tails. Green framing is exposed on the interior, under T&G with rigid foam on top. Blue is conventional. 

I don't see a way to spec this for an auto build.

Any tips on how best to approach this? Easy enough to manually add members as needed, and to use separate roof planes for each area type of framing, just not very clean.

No way, except manually, but sure would be nice to have. Also a way to remove any portion of the fascia on any broken segment of a roof plane would be great, like you can with gutters.

No way, except manually, but sure would be nice to have. Also a way to remove any portion of the fascia on any broken segment of a roof plane would be great, like you can with gutters.

Yup, except they need to figure out how to make it more stable. Gutters revert if you so much as look at the roof or make any sudden moves.

Have a roof plane with multiple types of framing.

attachicon.gifrf 1.jpgattachicon.gifrf 2.jpg

Exposed rafter tails. Green framing is exposed on the interior, under T&G with rigid foam on top. Blue is conventional. 

I don't see a way to spec this for an auto build.

Any tips on how best to approach this? Easy enough to manually add members as needed, and to use separate roof planes for each area type of framing, just not very clean.

Separate roof planes is the way to go,  that way it is auto framed.  I think this is especially important when you have a truss roof COPLANAR with a conventional roof...  yes,  I have dealt with this.

I think it is "clean" except in elevation view when you have a disconnect with the pattern/textures...  otherwise it works pretty well.  I wish CA  would figure out a way to get the textures/patterns to work together.

I have always avoided having to manually frame roofs.

... I wish CA would figure out a way to get the textures/patterns to work together....

Have you tried using Global Symbol Mapping?

Have you tried using Global Symbol Mapping?

I misspoke,  textures work fine,  patterns in vector view not so well.  I think global mapping is for textures only.

I always seem to get a vector line where the two different roof planes join.

Yup, except they need to figure out how to make it more stable. Gutters revert if you so much as look at the roof or make any sudden moves.

Oh, man, I've complained about this numerous times, and it never gets fixed.