Chief Architect Pro plan template information

DianeP

Is there a list available of the different defaults provided by the built in templates provided by Chief Architect.  I am speaking of the templates which include american casualarts & craftschangecolonialcontemporarycottagecountrycountry cottage, mediterranean today's traditional, urban chic.  It would be nice to know the ceiling height that is set along with the door window styles and heights, casing width, railing style, etc.  It would make it easier to select the proper template according the project i am working.  Has anyone seen such a list?  How do you select the template to use?

I think those are a starting point template, mainly for decorating and cabinet styles and some other things. Just open and save as ----new plan, then adjust ceilings and floors to what you need, but you save some time with cabinet setup etc. You could also adjust and save it as another template for the future.

I believe the answer to your question is no. At least

I am not aware of such a breakdown. Of course if

you have nothing better to do you could compile your

own chart by opening each template and noting the

pertinent defaults. Sounds like a lot of work. You'd 

probably be better off by creating a few of your own

templates with defaults that you use the most.

• 2 years later...

Since I now design mostly K&B remodeling projects, I set up several Templates with the ceiling hgt, door hgt  Cab Brand, & Overlay identified in the name. Such as 96 80 CS KM FO for an 8' ceiling with 6'8" door & window hgt on a crawl space using Kraftmaid cabs that have a full overlay. All my templates now include the number of lights set to 100 and the sun at 500 lumens so that I can have a better start at PBR from the get go. Using these templates has saved me a good bit of time and was well worth the time investment.  Templates help to keep designing fun with less mundane futzing. 

14 minutes ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

I set up several Templates with the ceiling hgt, door hgt  Cab Brand, & Overlay identified in the name

I had been doing that but was getting too many templates. I switched to importing defaults where that works. So now templates are by ceiling height (current floor default) since those don't import. Naturally there are door, window, caibnet, casing etc but for those I import as needed. I also have one or two more challenging structures-raised ranch, split, stone house, timber frame...

The nice thing is I can import cabinet defaults from one, doors and windows from another,....like that. Makes it easier to have views already sent to layout and sooo much simpler when updating templates for a new version.

Along those lines I've taken to doing something similar with annotation sets since those were getting out of hand too. I'd split those up for "remodel" and "new construction"

Since I began doing more work for others those methods have helped a lot to keep things a tad simpler, though I now need a couple of templates for each pro client.