several dumb questions

brian-sdesign

I've got a few nagging problems that I cant seem to figure out.

First, whenever I switch to an overview (for example full ortho overview), the model is off the screen and sometimes its hard to find. When I do find it the orbit is messed up and I have to use the focus on object function before It is usable. I suspect I have an object out in space somewhere that is throwing off the extents but I have been unable to find anything. Any tips on how to fix this?

Second, my cursor is stuck showing the build terrain icon next to the mouse pointer. This stays on despite the fact that Im not building terrain. Choosing another tool does not change it.. seems kind of buggy but its most likely user error.

Lastly I have my roof structure set to 2X12 joists. But when I cut a section the roof thickness is less than 11.25". Some of the roofs are correct and some are not. Is there some other setting that would be affecting this? In framing overview I can see that the bottom of the joists are cut out as if its trimming to something.

I have attached the model in case someone wants to take a look. The roof depth problem is over the master bedroom.

Thanks a bunch guys and girls!

Kintz Residence Current2.plan

You have an object in the hinterlands.  Turn all layers on,  then do a select all for each  level,  you will find that you have something located in Mumbai.  Delete that object and then the overview camera will behave.

I went back to a previous version and my floor heights are good. As soon as I try to build floor framing my heights jump. Any ideas? I guess I have learned that auto framing needs to be kept on. I thought I was keeping it simple by turning it off until I needed it. Dohh!

I went back to a previous version and my floor heights are good. As soon as I try to build floor framing my heights jump. Any ideas? I guess I have learned that auto framing needs to be kept on. I thought I was keeping it simple by turning it off until I needed it. Dohh!

If you don't post a  plan,  I ain't guessing and I doubt there are too many others who will spend their valuable time guessing to help you solve your problem.  Please post your current plan.

Second, my cursor is stuck showing the build terrain icon next to the mouse pointer. This stays on despite the fact that Im not building terrain. Choosing another tool does not change it.. seems kind of buggy but its most likely user error.

Go to 3D View Defaults Dialog, there are several ways to get there.

Check the box at Auto Rebuild Terrain to get rid of that symbol.

It means something in the terrain was changed but terrain has not been rebuilt is all.
  • Upvote 1

You have the terrain elevation data out of wack and chief is getting very confuse it cause weird problems your elevation lines crossing elevation regions they can not cross must be seperate give that a try it is working so much better after i fixed that