help with vector type top view for roof plan

brian-sdesign

Hey everybody, Im back! I almost gave up on chief but I had a couple clients that wanted 3d exterior views so I decided to give it another shot. This time around i think I am far enough along in the learning curve that it is actually working out pretty well. I still don't plan to do my structural plans in chief.. I'll export to autocad for that. But the architectural plans are coming along nicely.

So, I'm trying to get a roof plan together. Now the roofs in my model are quite complex so I have clean up issues that I was hoping to not have to spend the time to dial in. My thought was I could make a roof plan using a vector view because from the exterior the roofs look correct.. its just the roof lines that are messy.

So my question is how to get a top view using a vector view? It seems simple enough but the rendering is not available in plan view so I can't seem to find how to get there.

Just for fun I have attached a perspective of the model. As you can see it is not simple by any means. I did have some help from a chief member (Thanks Touson).

Thanks!

Kintz Residence Current2-Perspective Full Overview Image.pdf

I decided the technical illustration rendering looks more suitable for a roof plan. Is there anyway to get the roof slope arrow and value indicators to display in this mode?

Overlayed views, added text/CAD in layout, or you could convert the whole plan to a symbol, rotate it to its side, take an elevation view of the roof and add any notations you want to that view. Definitely a good handful of methods and combinations thereof.