Bow Window Issue

RobUSMC

Ive seem to always have issues with bow window editing.  I place the bow into the wall then in camera view select the unit then adjust the width, depth and how many windows make up the bow. I can never get the windows to size correctly or to connect without any framing between the windows. I have "No Framing Between Components" checked.  When I tab to select a single window, I can adjust the window type,casings, heights, etc. but the width will not change. The actual windows are 21" wide but the max width it will allow is 10".  I even tried to change the framing defaults with no luck.  It shouldn't be that hard to do as these types of single bow window units are common.   Any ideas?  thanks

post-180-0-09124600-1469550048_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-21771600-1469550062_thumb.jpg

Bay windows are or tend to be problematic for the reasons you state. The bay window tool is rather inflexible and cannot emulate a true bay window unit that you would buy and install in a hole in the wall. What you probably should do is see if you can find a suitable bay window unit at 3D warehouse and then place it in a wall opening you create in Chief (a wall opening is just a resized doorway with casing and sill turned off to create a wall hole).

DJP

Thanks David.  I ended up adding a curved exterior wall with the same dimensions and dropped in windows as in a straight wall.  Had to manually add the dropped ceiling over it using a soffit.  Its been a pain since 8.0.  Maybe in X-142 it will be addressed.  Thanks