X3 won't open?

markbro

Hi,

I have been running X3 for 5 years without any problems and more recently with windows 10.  I am now unable to open the software, when I click on the shortcut it brings up the initial open screen without any options and then disappears.  There are no errors. I have tried repairing, reinstalling and uninstalling and nothing will work.  I have tried opening it in safe mode and that doesn't work either.  Could a recent update have affected it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks Mark

Mark:

did you mean win 10 update ???

if so, trying rolling back to a prior restore point

you could call CA's tech support but they charge for that

you should give serious consideration to upgrading

as you are now 5 versions old

X4 introduced anno-sets (and more) and X5-X7 introduced many more features and fixes

X8 introduced some very nice features

X3 had a horrible library system and that was fixed in X4

Lew

You probably have a corrupt user data folder.

Find the X3 Data folder and rename it.

If that works restore any missing data from the renamed folder one sub folder at at time. When it stops launching that folder is the culprit.

Quite often in that version, as I recall, the toolbar folder would get corrupted due to system crashes or some other problem.

hi, I think I can help you Step 1: As you have tried with compatibility, I suggest you to disable the anti-virus installed on your computer and check. Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks. Windows doesn't come with antivirus software, but can often detect and monitor antivirus software that was installed by you or your computer manufacturer. The status of your antivirus software is typically displayed in Action Center. Open Action Center by typing Control Panel in the Search box from the desktop, select Control Panel, under System and Security, clicking Review your computer's status. Click the arrow button Imagenext to Security to expand the section. If Windows can detect your antivirus software, it's listed under Virus protection. If the software is on, check the Help that came with the software for information on disabling it. Windows doesn't detect all antivirus software, and some antivirus software doesn't report its status to Windows. If your antivirus software isn't displayed in Action Center and you're not sure how to find it, try any of the following: Type the name of the software or the publisher in the search box on the Start menu. Look for your antivirus program's icon in the notification area of the taskbar. Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict. Disclaimer: Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot. I think this is the right way if you have any queries contact an expert