Arc seating?

archibry

I have a question about seating (arched - see attachment) 
I've been trying this for a while (manually) and was wondering if anybody knows how to do this more precise and easier... well at least more accurate than I can do.

The attachment is not mine, but it gives you an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks in advance.

- Bryan

post-13059-0-60975800-1469414018_thumb.png

There was a detailed discussion on this not too long ago, check this out:https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/9864-sloped-floor/?hl=%2Bsloped+%2Bfloor

Then let us know if you have any trouble or more questions.

What have you tried so far?

It might be possible with a floor for each level maybe? Would have to give it a try. Depends a bit on the method of construction and drawings required.

Looks like you have the chairs all figured out but need something to support them. Does this look anything like what you are after.  If so I can post my test plan for you.  What version are you working with?

post-4797-0-14979700-1469425003_thumb.jpg

post-4797-0-70475100-1469425094_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

No, not spline.

Select Build... Distributed Objects...Polyline Distribution Path.

Draw a single straight line.

Convert to a curve (Change Line/Arc on the Edit menu). 

Open it's dbx and select and configure your seats. 

Change arc as needed.

I made this video a little while back for a different situation but it may help you nonetheless. I'm think instead of the spline I would use a polyline.

THANKS so MUCH!!!

Only question now is how do I "ungroup" it so to speak? 

Everyone here has been super awesome by the way!

post-13059-0-48741600-1469596058_thumb.png

post-13059-0-60895100-1469596059_thumb.png

Here is my test plan that you can check out for settings if you like. And practice distributing chairs with.

I studied the floor up close. More beautiful than I thought at first glance. You did a great job with the overhang and separate "units" I guess you'd say? I like that the floor can be a different color than the steps in-between them. Awesome job!   :)

No, not spline.

Select Build... Distributed Objects...Polyline Distribution Path.

Draw a single straight line.

Convert to a curve (Change Line/Arc on the Edit menu). 

Open it's dbx and select and configure your seats. 

Change arc as needed.

What version are you using? I don't see that option under the Edit Menu.

No Problem Archibry, It is really just a big set of stairs that would need some additional engineering to hold a big crowd of people but could be an option for you. You can check the settings and tweak the rise and run as necessary. Adjust materials etc. I did not bother with all the chairs because it looked to me like you already had that figured out at the time. I just threw in a few and set their elevations. All one unit just double click and you will see. Not so sure there is an ungroup for distribution path but it can be edited or deleted or moved and you can turn off the cad path but that might be about all. Michael or Glenn can confirm for you.

Good Luck and keep us posted, Chopsaw

Maybe this will help you a bit.  Just the basics and might answer a couple of your questions...

Step 1:  Build Distributed Objects>Polyline Distribution Path

post-46-0-89021200-1469598572_thumb.png

Step 2:  Draw line and Change Line/Arc

post-46-0-12753600-1469598679_thumb.png

Step 3:  Select object and adjust settings as necessary

post-46-0-97132100-1469598773_thumb.png

Step 4:  Explode Distributed Object  (I thought I went over this step in that video but maybe not)

post-46-0-89695100-1469598875_thumb.png

Step 5:  Delete, move, modify objects as necessary

post-46-0-27956000-1469599004_thumb.png

...and any number of extra steps in between or after those. 

Thanks, I used Alaska_Son's method, however I'll be studying your arched AND stepped stairs/floor for the base, but those angles are sons of *******... 

I might just do what you did first - and THEN do the seats. It's okay, I have fun trying different methods.