Roof won't build over great room, but all else is fine.

Aunttieem

I am close to finishing prelim plan.  I used the build roof (auto).  I then go to orthographic full view to see that the roof is done except over the family room.  I check to make sure I have build roof  checked for that room.  Running out of things to check.  

This is link to google drive file.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw_HN1RjkWDsbnRCcVE3dHFSVFk&usp=sharing

I am using CA premier.

Thank you very much!!

No, it is always improper presettings that causes short falls in Chief. The first thing to do is to determine if your settings are correct for the situation at hand. Chief is a 3D mechanical device and only does what it is told to do or what it is erroneously told to do. Be assured that you are getting what you ordered and to fix it, you have to get the settings right.

The way to really learn Chief is to carefully go through the "Users Guide" and "Reference Manual" stopping after a paragraph, open your software and verifying your understanding before you study more. To do less is just irresponsible, take the time to really learn your tools.

DJP

Aunttieem,

If you want help, I charge $75.00 per hour for personalized help, you can contact me as you like. I am not, for free going to straighten out your mess, let me know.

DJP

DJP, please contain your offer of services to the "Offering Services" section. If you wish to send the OP a private mail, please do so, but offers of paid services are not appropriate here.

Aunttieem,  This seems to be an X7 Plan File?  What label did you use for the Family Room?  Lots of work to do here before you can say anything is close to being finished.  Do you have any sketches of what you intended to do with the roof?  This will be quite a challenge just for your engineer depending on what you decide to do with the roof.  Do you have height restrictions to consider at your preset 12/12 pitches?  Love the challenge but much more info required if you are expecting free help.

All else is not fine.

To start with, many of your walls are not drawn orthogonally (90deg or 0deg).

Fix them all up first and then repost the plan.

In spite of that, wouldn't the roof build?

Not at 'puter.

DJP, please contain your offer of services to the "Offering Services" section. If you wish to send the OP a private mail, please do so, but offers of paid services are not appropriate here.

I agree. Twice in one week.

In spite of that, wouldn't the roof build?

Not at 'puter.

Maybe, but I am not prepared to spend any more time on this one until the walls are fixed because the roof will build off the walls.

Its not just that the walls aren't square - there are also short wall sections.

Also, have a look at the external room - something funny going on.

And once things are right, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to auto built a roof on that house without Chief choking.