Centering Text on Layout

lbuttery

I'm using X6

that's not working ???

It works for me.  My best guess is that you are not centering on the correct object.  You can center the text on either the page boundary, print boundary, or on the pdf box.  If you hover near the edge of each box you will see the box highlight as well as a line showing the direction.  It sometimes helps if you zoom out a bit and pay attention to what get's highlighted.

Lew:

Do as suggested .... holding the point of your mouse cursor right at the bottom of your layout page .... you should see a heavy black line flash on when you've found the center.

If for some reason you can't find it, you could go to your zero page and place a vertical line on your page, center it and then assign a no material (or whatever it's called ... invisible) line style.  Then you should always have something to center on for any of your LO pages.  You could use something like an invisible point marker rather than a line if desired, but the line can run from top to bottom of your page so it would be much easier to find.