X8 Macro Dimension Help

design_lakeland

Hi all,

Updated to X8 yesterday

Some of my labels have started putting seven decimal places on the required dimensions

I don't want this and understand that I need to edit my label macros to enable this?

Can someone point me in the right direction. Please see attached images for examples of my problem. If you will notice the window dimension which has used the exact same 'object specific' macros as the radiator below it, however the displayed dimensions have completely different decimal place tolerances.

Im am completely useless at Ruby but will happily give it a go if thats what needs to be done.

Thanks all,

Kind Regards,

Mike

post-9014-0-66678900-1469018469_thumb.jpg

post-9014-0-27526800-1469018471_thumb.jpg

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the rapid reply :)

I've got as far as the image attached. I can't seem to be able to display the height AND the width. I've managed to add them together but thats completely useless to me ha..... what would be the script in ruby that would allow me to write is as:

'600 x 800'

When I do it as 'height.round(0) x width.round(0)' it comes up with evaluation error...... so that obviously not it, I've tried quotation marks, brackets, question marks and various other ways

Like I said, I'm completely useless at Ruby

Thanks,

Mike

post-9014-0-10310000-1469021987_thumb.jpg

In Ruby, you can add numbers and you can concatenate strings using "+" but you can't mix them.  To get the output you've indicated you have to use the .to_s method to convert the numerical values to strings as follows:

height.round(0).to_s + " x " + width.round(0).to_s

• Upvote 1