• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BluesArch
    Newest Member
    BluesArch

• By GCCISarah
      Hi everyone-

In the last several plans I have created in chief X11, using a Camera View with a Reference Display of the As-Built, I have the As-Built Reference Display file set to render as a Glass House view. The Glass House referenced model displays, but without any of the dark outlines to show the features of the model. I have included an image of a remodel I am working on currently, where the referenced As-Built shows as a faint blue shape. Nothing like the examples Chief gives of a reference display, below.
      Any thoughts on what setting I might be able to change to get the 'outlines' back. I have also included an example image from Chief I found online, which has the desired 'outlines' in black.
      This does ONLY happen when I'm using Glass House View as a *Reference Display* in the plan I'm working on. If I were working on a plan and change the rendering technique to Glass House, the outlines are visible. This only happens in Reference Display.

• By GCCISarah
      Hi everyone-

In the last several plans I have created in chief, using the reference display in a 3D view (referencing an as-built plan overlayed onto the remodel plan) with Glass House View, the Glass House View is very transparent, with no 'outlines' around the items in the drawing.
      It makes it quite hard to see what the existing vs. remodel.
      Any thoughts on what setting I might be able to change to get the 'outlines' back. I'll attach a photo of a kitchen I'm working on currently below, showing how faint the Glass House View is, vs. an example photo from Chief I found online, which has the desired 'outlines' in black.
      This does ONLY happen when I'm using Glass House View as a *Reference Display* on the referenced plan. If I were to delete the reference display plan, and just change the rendering technique of the Plan file I'm working on to Glass House, there is no problem. The 'outlines' show as desired. 

• By PerryPlansPro
      Any pattern I use only shows up in standard view. I have a column with a tapered stone base. I used a 3D molding polyline to create the stone base. Am I doing something wrong or is that just how the program works?
    • By CBuserIndia
      CA-Interior user.

I am trying something new.
      Before I render image, I want to share 360 panorama & Vector view seems like good option.

How do I put a watermark on these images ? I want to add a small brand logo & company name text. I logo, not possible, at-least text.

I tried several things, I created a painting, added to a wall. It disappears when you create Vector view ( actually with Vector view, not just 360, even for standard view, any painting like object disappears).

Here the purpose is not to secure copy or brand or image, all I need is to have my company name. If these images go public, I get some promotion.

Any work around ?
      Also I chose vector view for 360 panorama, do you have better suggestions ?
    • By CBuserIndia
      This, very likely, is not Chief Architect question, however if you guys have any tips for me, it will help alot.

We keep multiple views for rendering over night time. These usually get over in couple of hours time. Say for example my rendering will go on for next 5 hours. However I force my laptop to stay awake for whole night.

How do I make my laptop go-to Sleep after rendering is done.

Right now I am using Power option >> Sleep >> "Never" in windows settings.

We have multiple CA Interior 8 licenses. My team uses laptops with windows 8 & some with windows 10.

Please if you have any smart tips for my laptops to go sleep after work is done. How do you guys handle this situation ?

Thanks for help
      Nitin