Creating a direct vent gas fireplace in X6

LynnBuilders

Does anyone know how to create a direct vent gas fireplace in Chief X6? Or, is it possible to download fireplace catalogs that might include this other than those available on the Chief Architect website? All I can find is "Modern Fireplaces" there. 

Also, when I try to place a fireplace in the program I can't get it to be "within" a wall. I will only go on either side of a wall.

Thanks!

This would be accomplished with the same "thought process" in CA as in the "real world". To set the unit "within" a wall you will probably have to make a "passthru" or "door" opening with no sill, jamb or casing in the wall where you want it placed and sized for the unit.

I HIT THE "POST" HALF A DOZEN TIMES AND MY REPLY WOULD NOT POST. HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM? I ENDED UP MAKING A WHOLE NEW REPLY.

• Upvote 1

yep had that problem too , was thinking that the forum must "time out" and not allow the reply as usually it is longer posts than yours it happens on... I usually copy my reply then hit post incase I lose it which has happened a few times now.

same here - got tired of replying only to see it lost who knows where

First time I've tried since then

Edit: well that worked but it was a fairly short reply whereas my last attempts had more volume

I also thought it might be a timeout type of issue

I HIT THE "POST" HALF A DOZEN TIMES AND MY REPLY WOULD NOT POST. HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM? I ENDED UP MAKING A WHOLE NEW REPLY.

This happens to me all the time!  Sucks!  Do what Kbird1 suggests, copy your reply to the "clipboard" before trying to post...