CROSS SECTION LINES do not show in layout

dshall

Cross section lines are not really intended to be part of your working documents.  They are only added to section views so that dimension lines can locate cut surfaces.  They are not permanent and will get regenerated any time the view is regenerated.  One could probably make an argument that they should not appear in live views either because this is inconsistent.  You can always turn off the layer though.

Our long term goal is to make them go away by improving our dimension tools for camera views.

Dermot,

I think there are many of us who would like the ability to have things cut in sections to be heavier and possibly a different color.  The same could be said for the edges in elevations.

You might want to rethink your long term goal for this case.  "Live Views" have given the ability to make our elevations and sections much more artistic.  Please don't do anything that goes backwards.

Thanks for the feedback.  It looks like there are a number of issues here that we would need to resolve before we make any changes.

Dermot, I have been using this on about 30 different sections for two different jobs. It is a nice feature. Please think twice about removing.

It gives us the ability to further define cross section cuts with heavier lines.

I am now locking all layers except for CROSS SECTIION LINE layer, selecting that stuff and putting on separate layer. Easy Peasy, but would be better if LAYOUT recognized that original layer.