Square Footage

ThankYou

Depends on what parts of the plan you want to know the square footage of.  For example, if you want to know the total footprint square footage, you can select the outside room of the model, convert it to a polyline and then find the area in the dbx for the polyline.  In the example below, you can see that there's a difference between the footprint area vs the living area.  You need to read up on living area if you are going to use it.  I NEVER use it for anything.

post-191-0-58293100-1468335086_thumb.jpg

Actually, I often refer to the Living Area when developing a plan, just to see about where the plan size is, but never use it for any final work.

You can use macros for all sorts of area related stuff.  You can edit the location of the outside room polyline if you want to check interior conditioned area(s).  All sorts of options.  Joe and others have done some great macro work for plan areas.

Using a "Room finish schedule" will give you all the square footages and total them up for you, as long as you have the s.f. included in the schedule. You can also just include just the one item( square footage) and it will only show that if that's all you want to include. Of course you can have many different schedules in the plan. I'm not sure if HDP has schedule's though