help creating plant symbols for a cad detail

davidlgoss

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

So, I have made a simple plot plan in  cad detail management, i cannot for the life of me figure out how to place simple plant

symbols in that detail, i am pretty sure im just looking right over the top of something easy, any help 

would be appreciated ! 

thanks

Dave

• Solution

My understanding is that for 3D terrain features and plants you must make you plot plan in a std. plan view with a terrain perimeter. However if 3D is not important you can place 2D image cad blocks into a cad detail plot plan from the CA 3D Library under CAD "Image CAD Blocks" available for download.

https://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/library&search=&x=0&y=0&x=true&soft_1=1&hid_soft_1=1&hid_version_5=1&utm_source=Chief%20Architect%20Premier%2018.3.1.2%20x64&utm_medium=software&utm_campaign=Resource:%20content

• Upvote 1

One other thing that I should clarify is the majority of plants in the library that I previously referred to as 3D are actually 2D images that rotate to face the camera creating the illusion of 3D.  However there are some actual 3D plants to be downloaded and these have attached cad blocks that can also be used in your cad detail if already imported into you plan they can be accessed under CAD> CAD Block Management> Select and Insert.

Also Best Answer is an award system to be given to the person who provides the most appropriate answer, not yourself.  It also keeps the best answer at the top of the Thread with your question for others to quickly reference.

Cheers,  Chopsaw