window label front?

johnny

Would be nice if we could select the label and then "move to front" or be able to by default or user selection, be able to have labels automatically moved to the front.  Would be a good one to put in the suggestion forum.  I am constantly moving labels around or moving dimensions extension lines to clean up things.

Johnny: 

Although I have never messed with the dimension defaults much, we do have the ability to set up the defaults for dimension extension lines.  Perhaps that is something we should both look at changing as it does take extra time to clean up a plan if we have too many things occupying the same space.

That's correct Mike. If we could move front group etc. on anything it would be ideal solution. I very seldom have to do centreline dimensions for windows or doors so not an issue for me but have had to manually edit  by pulling back extension on a few. 

Almost all of my plans dimension to the centerline of windows and doors. Doors are not much of a problem, but windows almost always change somewhat in size when the contractor decides which manufacturer he can get the best price/delivery from, so I use centerlines. It would give the framers fits if I dimensioned to R.O. and then things change when the windows show up. Most plans I have to adjust the window labels' extension lines - real pain for something so simple.

Mike