Chief Architect Client Viewer

ComputerMaster86

I am wondering where I can download (if at all) the current version of the Chief Architect Client Viewer but, the 32-bit (x86) edition?  I have already downloaded Chief_Architect_Viewer-18.3.1.2-Win64.msi but, it don't give me the option to download any 32-bit version.  I do believe Chief Architect is trying to phase out anything 32-bit (x86).

There was earlier in the year.  I have it but, was hoping to download the updated 18.3.1.2-Win32.msi version of it.  Chief Architect has removed the ability to choose the 32-bit version from the download page but, I think they are still floating around somewhere on their web site.

The 32 bit versions are still available.

Please contact technical support for the correct link.

We are attempting to understand all the reasons for needing a 32 bit version.

Everyone should be using the 64 bit version if possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/11/2016 at 0:02 PM, Dan_Park said:

The 32 bit versions are still available.

Please contact technical support for the correct link.

We are attempting to understand all the reasons for needing a 32 bit version.

Everyone should be using the 64 bit version if possible.

I will share my experience of using the 32-bit version of Chief Architect Premier X8.

I pretty much use the 64-bit versions of Chief Architect Premier X8 and the Chief Architect Client Viewer on my computers.  However, I do have one older HP 7900 CMT desktop computer that was hooked up to an older HP DesignJet 455 CA plotter via the old style LTP Parallel Port.  The HP computer is a 64-bit system running a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Professional.  The driver file I was using for the plotter was a 32-bit driver file.  So I basically choose to run a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Professional along with the 32-bit version of Chief Architect Premier X8.  This set-up allowed me to print directly from Chief Architect to my HP DesignJet 455 CA plotter.

I have recently found another solution that is a lot easier and more flexible. From Amazon.com I purchased a USB to LPT Parallel Port printer cord.  I have been able to hook up my HP DesignJet 455 CA plotter via USB to virtually any Windows computer that as a USB port.  Second, I have found an older driver from HP that allows me to run the printer via 64-bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  I can now hook up my plotter directly to my 64-bit computers that run the 64-bit versions of Chief Architect Premier X8 and the Chief Architect Client Viewer.  I can now print directly from Chief Architect to my HP DesignJet 455 CA plotter without using the 32-bit version of Chief Architect.