Build New Floor results in no interior walls

CabinChief

Hi all,

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this, however...

After drawing the first floor of a plan, using the "build new floor" tool and "derive new 2nd floor plan from the 1st floor plan" results in no interior walls being displayed. The exterior walls do show up. Is there any general reason as to why this would happen?

I would say it doesn't happen often where both floor are exactly the same, but I don't believe there is an option to have it do interior walls with that tool.  It would be a good suggestions.  Right now, just copy the interior walls and "paste in place" on the new floor and you are golden.

Thats just the way it works. If you want the interior walls in addition to the exterior walls do this instead...

Build a blank floor, go back to the floor below, switch to a wall tool, shift select all your walls and then Copy. Go back to upper floor and Paste Hold Position.

Yeah, for the most part, the walls wouldn't be in the same place on the upper floor. I will say it has been a while since I've used the program... Maybe I'm thinking of a visual reference to the walls below that I'm not seeing. How would you turn that reference on?