Schedule Box Control?

olyconstruction

Hi Chiefs,

I am adding schedules to my plan set to drop over on to my layout and the boxs keep changing shape! I keep dragging the box to the size I want but when I go to edit something else it will revert to another size. It is really frustrating. Is there a setting to make them stay put? Is there something I am not understanding here? This is not the first time I have encountered this problem.

Thank you very much,

AB

post-4666-0-25172000-1467780898_thumb.jpg

Well it looks like the file is too big to upload Alaska Son, All I know is that when I resize the schedule box to where it looks good, and go over to drag another schedule in to place, the first box will revert to its old shape, or more commonly, grow into some monstrosity schedule. It is weird that you have not experienced this, very weird.

So Chopsaw, when you say separate layout box what is that? Please forgive me I am kind of new. Is that where you put your schedules on its own page, or is it some kind of tool where I can isolate the schedules and present them in layout independent from a particular layer set?

Thanks so much for the help you guys

AB 

Alex, if your plan is too big to post, you can do one of 3 things...

1.  Try zipping it first (right click and send to zipped folder)

2.  Do a Save As and delete all the unnecessary stuff from the plan (this particular step can sometimes lead to helping you solve your own problem or narrow things down a bit) before posting.

3.  Send to Dropbox and just post the link.

Whatever you do, always close the plan before trying to upload. 

Yes, I am rather new to this as well but this works for me and is quite straight forward. I just export the Schedule to layout as "Current Screen" and then trim it after export so that it is isolated and can be rotated or repositioned any where it will fit or even taken to another page if you run out of room. Where ever it looks best.

And Yes you can put on custom layer set if you like when exporting.

• 3 weeks later...

I know exactly what you mean AB, because for some reason its doing to me.  Never before, but this project it is.  Every once in a while when  I switch layer sets, all the schedules grow.  After stretching the top three schedules back to original shape (again) I thought I'd look on here for a resolve.        

This isn't happening in the layout side, its on the plan side.  My schedules are sent to layout on their own, to scale, so text is correct size. 

I did change two of them to CAD blocks (as suggested) for a test.  If two happened to do this again the others don't, we will know the fix.

post-4747-0-59030900-1469415838_thumb.jpg

Awww..  it did it just as I hit send on the comment above.  And guess what, the two that were converted to blocks did not...

The only issue I have is now that the schedules are blocks, they do not update, unless you explode.  Come on CA..  figure this one out please.  Already a lot to do to get a drawing ready, I can see this being a missed step.. exploding a schedule. 

I did change two of them to CAD blocks (as suggested) for a test.  If two happened to do this again the others don't, we will know the fix.

If you are referring to what Sherry said CAD blocks are Different than Cad Details but by all means try both because this is a very strange situation you are experiencing.

If you care to post Michael is great at figuring stuff like this out for people.